Monday, February 22, 2010

Web Page

On Sunday after finishing my Personal Brand Management website, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a domain name. The logic behind this was to get myself in gear on making my own website, if I have a domain name I have the chance to actually create.

Upon purchasing my domain name (I used Godaddy.com), I quickly learned that the domain name is just the beginning. There is so much that goes into a website I never knew about. Frankly I was very confused. There was now hosting I add to choose and figure out in addition to the reality of creating a website, which means the html code. Godaddy offers free hosting with my domain purchase, however my site contains advertisements at the top which stick there until upgrading to a better host, ha imagine that. Of course this costs money, about $7 a month, and right now I don't know enough to justify spending that much.

So far, only a few days into my purchase, I have started playing with the formation of my html code. It seems difficult at first but like anything, after a little practice and knowledge, it isn't too hard. I have been doing a lot of searching and looking up html code though and this helps immensely. As of right now there isn't much to the site, it has a heading, a nice little message with some color, a link to this blog (which works!), a broken link (more research on my plate), and a picture of my girlfriend and I.

It's been an interesting experience so far and I can say at the moment I am not to happy with my Godaddy experience, sorry Danica.

No comments:

Post a Comment